In Meta province is located “La Sierra de la Macarena” a national natural park where the seven colors river can be found. This river is considered one of the most beautiful in the world. In its crystalline water currents, the Macarenia clavigera alga is responsible for creating the natural spectacle, forming pits of wonderful red, yellow, green, blue and black that make up the range of colors to delight visitors.
Flights from Bogota | Confirmed departures from one person
The tour program includes
Flights tickets - Meals - Accommodation - Guidance - Assitance Card
- Flight ticket Bogota - La Macarena - Bogota.
- Welcome and reception at La Macarena Airport
- Accommodation in hotel with private bathroom according to the selected room (Single, double or triple)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinners during all tour days. Starts with lunch and finish with lunch.
- Tour guide very knowledgeable of the region who will go with you during all the walks
- Land transportation in jeep
- River transportation in boat
- Folclore night with typical music
- Air taxes
- Assitance card with coverage in case of accident Click here to check insurance
- Permanent assistance from Living Col staff
Day 1. Bogotá - La Macarena
- At 06:40 a.m. departs the flight from El Dorado Airport in Bogota to La Macarena during approximately 60 minutes. Arrival to La Macarena to be welcome by the tour guide who will take you to the hotel. After checking in the hotel, you will receive a talk about the National Park and the particular recommendations. Then, take a boat along the Guayabero River during 20 minutes. Meanwhile, you can watch some animals. After, starts a short journey in Jeep thought the first place to visit according to the assignment of the environmental authority,
Day 2. Caño Cristales "Five Color River"
- Breakfast. Then take the boat and jeep as the day before to visit the other branch of the river and its attractions. Return to La Macarena at 4:00 p.m.
- At night, enjoy a cheerful display of local folklore, of the "Llanero" Flatland typical music.
Day 3. La Macarena - Bogotá
- Breakfast. In this morning will visit Caño Cristalitos, a small canyon with beautiful rock formations. Return to the town, have lunch and walk to the Airport to the flight back to Bogota around 13:00.
|Price per person in USD
|2 NIGHTS 3 DAYS
|3 NIGHTS 4 DAYS
|5 NIGHTS 6 DAYS
NATIONAL NATURAL PARK "SERRANIA DE LA MACARENA"
It is a unique area for their isolated mountainous conditions. In this geographical area confluence the Amazon region, eastern plains and the Andean region creating a link of high biodiversity. Its geological formation is very important as it is formed by sedimentary rocks and the Guayabero river has beautiful rock formations by erosion, where the plant lives from May to December to beautify the scenery of this natural paradise.