In the Meta department is located “La Sierra de la Macarena” a national natural park where the seven colors river can be found. This river is considered one of the most beautiful in the world. In its crystalline water currents, the Macarenia clavigera alga is responsible for creating the natural spectacle, forming pits of wonderful red, yellow, green, blue and black that make up the range of colors to delight visitors.
From USD 560
Flights from Bogota | Confirmed departures from single person
The tour program includes
Flights tickets - Meals - Accomodation - Guidance - Assitance Card
- Flight ticket Bogota - La Macarena - Bogota. Taxes included
- Welcome and reception in La Macarena Airport
- Accomodation in hotel with private bathroom according with the selected room (Single, double or triple)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinners during all tour days. Starts with lunch and finish with lunch.
- Tour guide very knowlegeable of the region who will go with you during all the walks
- Land transportation in jeep
- River transportation in boat
- Folclore night with typical music
- Air taxes
- Assitance card with coverage in case of accident Click here to check insurance
- Permanent assistance from Living Col staff
The price Not included:
- Hidratation during the jorneys. Other meals or alcoholic beverages. Tips. Transportation to Bogota from other cities.
Price per person in USD From 11th May to 10th December 2016 National Holidays 1 NIGHT 2 DAYS USD 476 USD 485 2 NIGHTS 3 DAYS USD 552 USD 570 3 NIGHTS 4 DAYS USD 678 USD 696 4 NIGHTS 5 DAYS USD 744 USD 763
- June: 4th - 6th
- July: 2nd - 4th // 18th - 20th
- August: 13th - 15th
- October: 15th - 17th
- November: 5th - 7th // 12th - 14th
Day 1. Bogotá - La Macarena
- At 06:40 a.m. departs the flight from El Dorado Airport in Bogota to La Macarena during approximately 60 minutes. Arrival to La Macarena to be welcome by the tour guide who will take you to the hotel. After check in the hotel, you will receive a talk about the National Park and the respective recomendations. Then, take a boat along the Guayabero River during 20 minutes, meanwhile you can watch some animals. After this, starts a short journey in Jeep thought the first place to visit according to the assignement of the environmental authority,
Day 2. Caño Cristales "Five Color River"
- Breakfast. Then take the boat and jeep as the day before to visit the other branch of the river and it´s attractions. Return to La Macarena at 4:00 p.m.
- At night, enjoy a cheerful display of local folklore, of the "Llanero" Flatland typical music.
Day 3. La Macarena - Bogotá
- Breakfast. In this morning will visit Caño Cristalitos, a small canyon with beautiful rock formations. Return to the town, have lunch and walk to the Airport to the flight back to Bogota around 13:00.
NATIONAL NATURAL PARK "SERRANIA DE LA MACARENA"It is a unique area for their isolated mountainous conditions. In this geographical area confluence the Amazon region, eastern plains and the Andean region creating a link of high biodiversity. Its geological formation is very important as it is formed by sedimentary rocks and the Guayabero river has beautiful rock formations by erosion, where the plant lives from May to December to beautify the scenery of this natural paradise.